Since I got home from Chicago and Wisconsin, I feel like I’ve been running around like a mad woman. Between finishing up letters to the new Villanovans (more on that another time), to petsitting, to another surprise ;), I’ve been all over the place.

Allow me to rewind a bit.  Yesterday was a pretty routine day…got up, cared for them pets, ate breakfast, worked out, walked the pups, went to work…One unique, perhaps that’s the word, thing about yesterday, though, was the circuit I put together for myself, inspired by one from Ashley of My Food N’ Fitness Diaries.

Anyone else notice how I forget an ending parenthesis after the 30?

I definitely modified certain sets to my liking, and I also nixed her second circuit all together in favor of repeating the first one.  It went by super quick, and I gave myself just enough time to get the dogs out as I had hoped and cleaned up for work.


Back to today…I took off from exercising because of an appointment that I had this morning, which, due to the obnoxious amount of time that I was forced to spend in the waiting room, took much longer than I had anticipated.  Before I knew it, it was after10:30 when I was sitting down again to eat.  I had a little bit of time before said surprise, so I lollygagged around on the internet until I was done snacking, and then headed outside with the pups.

Finally 12:20 rolled around, and I went back inside to get my keys and make it tooooo……..Timmy Tattoo (!!!) by 12:45 for my 1:00 appointment!  I’ve been wanting a tattoo on my outer right ankle for awhile now and today was the day!  I love the way it turned out and am really looking forward to when it’s fully healed.  Overall, my experience was very pleasant and easy.  I wasn’t too nervous beforehand, but because I had heard that the ankles were one of the more painful locations for a tattoo due to the lack of skin cushioning the bone, I definitely was a little.  The fact that I was super excited helped settle me, though, and I actually found myself trying to make myself more anxious.  I thought that if I expected the worst it could only be better, which does make sense I suppose.

My mom met me at the parlor on her lunch break, and like a baby, I held her hand the whole time, but it really wasn’t bad at all.  If I could describe it in the most comparable way, I’d say it felt like a ton of sharp, burning bee stings that, in my case, lasted maybe 10 minutes – it was done very quickly.